When you have an aligned business, everything works together and flows smoothly.
When your offerings, your messaging, and marketing are aligned with your goals and values as a business, you know you’re on the right track.
But sometimes our businesses may be out of alignment, and certain symptoms may show up to alert us that that’s the case.
How do you know if your business is out of alignment?
Have you ever just felt like something was “off” in your business, but you just couldn’t put your finger on it?
If you’re feeling this way, it may be because something is out of alignment.
- If your business is out of alignment with your values, you may not like something is missing.
- If your service offerings are out of alignment with your niche, you may not be getting as many clients as you’d like.
- If your marketing and messaging is out of alignment with who you are, it may not resonate
10 signs your business is out of alignment
So how do you know if something is out of alignment in your business? Check to see if any of these signs resonate with you:
1. Something just feels “off” but you just can’t put your finger on it.
2. You keep changing niches but never seem to settle on one you love.
3. You’re constantly developing new packages only to get bored of them.
4. You’re not attracting clients or the clients you are attracting aren’t your ideal clients. (These clients may frustrate you and irritate you, push your buttons, ask for more, or just feel “wrong.”)
5. You struggle when talking about your business, both in person and in your marketing.
6. You don’t feel excited to do the work you do. Sometimes you even dread it.
7. You have major FOMO about what everyone else is doing and you can’t focus on your own work.
8. You just can’t seem to find your sweet spot, despite dipping your toe in many different waters.
9. Literally every aspect of your business feels like a struggle.
10. You feel like you’re meant for more, but you just don’t know what that is.
It’s especially frustrating when you’re out of alignment with your business because…
Nothing is more frustrating than feeling like something is off but you just can’t figure out what IT is.
To add to this stress, you might be frustrated because…
- All the “experts” around you are telling you what you “should” do, but it’s not working for you.
- You see things working for your colleagues that you’ve tried with lackluster results.
- You’re starting to fall into a cycle of self-doubt and questioning if being a business owner is even for you.
After all, how can you fix the problem when you don’t even know what the problem is?!
Why business alignment is so important
A truly aligned business is made through conscious actions. It requires tapping into your own vision, values, and why, so that whatever you’re creating reflects who you are.
An aligned business looks and feels like…
- Your business is built on your why, goals, and values.
- You have a niche you love and that you can confidently serve.
- Your offerings allow you to share your gifts and talents and are aligned with the needs of your ideal clients.
- Your messaging clearly conveys the value of your work.
- Your marketing reflects who you are and the unique value you provide to your clients.
- You love what you do and you feel good doing it.
It’s not that you won’t experience bad days and hard times when you have an aligned business, but that you’ll have the conviction to persevere despite that.
When your business is aligned, you see results
When you are in true alignment with your business, you’ll feel it internally and you’ll experience these external results:
- Day-to-day activities are easier, so you’re less stressed.
- You don’t overly stress or second guess yourself about decisions, you feel more confident.
- Marketing/sales feels more natural; you show up authentically with ease.
- You naturally attract those clients who need/want what you have to offer; you don’t kill yourself trying to get just one new client.
- You aren’t distracted by what others do; so you’re more productive and focused on what’s important.
What to do if your business is out of alignment
If you’ve read through all of the above and you sense something is out of alignment with your business, don’t despair.
Just because you haven’t found it yet doesn’t mean you can’t.
When you take the time and energy to consider what it truly means for you to have an aligned business, you set yourself up for positive results, both internally and externally. You feel more clear, confident, and motivated in your business. And, in turn, your business activities, decisions, and clients come more easily.
Ready to feel more aligned in your business? Sign up for a Business Clarity Session today.